To sustain maximum health and well-being, everyone requires sleep. Many people, however, suffer from insomnia and other sleep-related problems. With this in mind, CBD gummies for sleep may be an option for people looking to improve their sleep.
CBD and the ability to sleep
Cannabidiol (CBD) has been shown in studies to help with sleep problems, owing to its ability to reduce anxiety and pain. While additional research into the usage of CBD gummies for sleep is needed, current research reveals the following findings:
- In one trial, a 160-milligram (mg) dose of CBD was found to help people with insomnia sleep better. On the other hand, CBD was only effective at this dose and did not help people fall asleep.
- According to one study, vaping a pure CBD product was ineffective against insomnia, but a product with CBD and nearly the same level of THC as full-spectrum products did help people sleep better.
- Up to now, the Food and Medicine Administration has given full approval to only one CBD product: Epidiolex, a prescription drug used to treat three types of severe epilepsy (FDA).
Dosage recommendations for CBD
According to the research study, there are currently no widely approved dosage limits for CBD gummies for anxiety and sleep. The optimal dose of CBD gummies for sleep is determined by a person’s:
- Height and weight, as well as the degree of sleep issues treated with CBD
- People should start with a small amount of CBD gummies, such as 10–15 mg, when using them to help them sleep.
- Individuals can then gradually raise this amount.
- Take CBD gummies one hour before bedtime to get the most out of your CBD gummies for sleep.
- The system can take up to 30 minutes to absorb CBD foods like gummies.